Software Developer Job Description
The software developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports as required.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the Software Development Life Cycle for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
- Research and document requirements of users.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Run and Monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purpose of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Six (6) years of experience as a software engineer in a transactional environment.
- Four (4) years of experience developing web applications (HTML) in an asp.Net environment.
- Dynamics GP, SharePoint, OLAP Cubes, BI, and the Telerik Toolset is desired but not required.