This position will require fitting, welding and fabricating parts in shops and dry docked boats and perform repairs to yachts in steel, aluminum and stainless steel, meeting each commitment not only with precision, but also delivering service with a reassuring style.
• Brake Press Operation
• Rub Rail Fabrication
• 4-G MIG Alum, Stick SS, Stick Steel, TIG Alum, TIG SS
• Blueprint/Drawing Skills
• Flange Design & Fabrication
• Ground Tackle & Deck Gear
• Hull Plate & Structural Members
• Threaded Metal Pipe, Adapters and Fittings (NPT, BSP, BSPT, etc.)
• Rail Fabrication, Layout & Design,
• Fuel, Fuel Tank, Management & Filtration Systems
• Lead Projects
• Vent System
• Piping System Design
• Shipyard Compentent
• 6-G Alum, Cu-Ni, SS, Steel
• Hydraulic Systems
• Job Estimating, Planning, Layout and Execution
• Lathe Operation & Safety
• Mill Operation & Safety
• Ship System Layout & Design
• Overtime, nights and weekend work may be required as customer service needs fluctuate
• Reading – Has the ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Mathematical – Basic math is required
• Planning/Organizing – Performs activities planned by others.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Ability to easily adapt to change
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Displays endurance and agility in a fast paced environment while delivering service in a reassuring style
• Uses available information to make decisions quickly defining expectation for quality, timeliness and price.
• Is friendly, cooperative, and agreeable.
• Cooperates with team members and embraces diversity and creativity to foster a proper environment.
• Has a good sense of their surroundings and is able to complete tasks without much supervision
• Takes charge of people and situations. Leads more than follows.
• Considers experience and perception as important as the eventual result.
Experience and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent trade school degree
8-Years of hands on welding and supervisory experience; preferably all in the White Boat industry
Experience working with stainless steel, commonly known as polishing
The ability to stoop, pull, reach, grasp, and finger is preferred, however it is required to carry up to 100lbs, climb ladders and scaffolding, crawl and work in cramped areas on knees and overhead.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.