|This entry-level role offers great hands-on experience to multiple facets of luxury shipyard operations with potential long range growth into more specific project or trade roles. The Project Facilitator assists the Project Director and managers in meeting the unique expectations of each project plan supporting yacht repairs, working on multiple vessels and throughout the marina as needed. This role is not a desk job, but instead performs a variety of important physical shipyard tasks to ensure that standards of safety, quality and timeliness are met.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assists project team by safely transporting materials between vessels and multiple Rybovich facilities as needed
• Performs care and protection of yachts with assigned tradesmen
• Monitors safety standards and exemplifies those standards through personal action
• Operates forklifts and other motorized equipment necessary to transport materials safely
• Facilitates crane, forklifts, man-lifts, and other equipment for use on projects
• Assists with communication to ensure Rybovich sub-contractors have necessary information to perform their tasks according to the project plan
• Assists in the facilitation of parts and materials procurement according to the project plan
• Assists with resource planning to ensure adequate manpower (in-house and sub-contractor) is available to meet project management plan
• Keeps Project Managers and Project Director informed on progress of projects as necessary
• Communicates effectively with yacht crews, typically of different nationalities, to understand their specific customer needs
What are the minimum requirements for this position?
• Reading – Requires very basic reading to understand simple instructions (lists, notes, etc)
• Writing - Requires writing to record basic information (completing forms, taking messages, etc)
• Mathematical – Basic shop arithmetic using geometry and trigonometry in practical applications is required, along with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers and fractions.
• Planning/Organizing – Plans day to day activities of this job only and takes individual initiative in performing daily workflow.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Displays endurance in a fast paced environment while delivering service in a reassuring style
• Follows policies, accepts external control and supervision and works with integrity
• Has a positive attitude regarding people and outcomes, perception is just as important as the eventual result.
• Is friendly, cooperative, and agreeable to be team player
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of each project through effective relationships, trust and respect.
• Enjoys working hard, seizing more opportunities than others
• Never gives up before finishing, especially when faced with obstacles or setbacks
• High School Diploma or GED
• 0-1 years of industrial experience, or yachting crew experience preferred.
• The ability to maneuver in a variety of spaces, including small confined spaces on board vessels, and lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be exposed to changing weather and high temperatures.
• The ability to kneel, use repetitive motions, stand, walk, stoop, push, crouch, visual acuity, pull, lift (up to 50 pounds), reach, grasp, talk and listen is required.
What benefits are offered?
• Short Term Disability
• Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Discounted employee lunches at m/y Café
Do I have what it takes to be a Rybovich Marina Team Member?
If yes, please submit your resume as noted below. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 48 hours. Interviews scheduled immediately in person, or via Skype.