|Maritime estimating professional with exceptional customer service and process management skills is needed for rapidly growing and changing Project Management team.
The Rybovich Project Developer is a critical part of a multi-discipline project team engaged in a variety of super yacht repair and refit projects. The Project Developer will contribute technical vessel engineering expertise to produce the project work scope from customer requests and business specifications. The Project Developer accurately estimates the cost, quality requirements and schedule of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
Develop yacht repair/refit proposals and change orders that outline technical specifications, and project process guidelines, including the following:
• Detailed job and task breakdown
• Quality and compliance expectations
• Pricing and financial analysis
• Human resource allocation plan
• Schedule of critical path and milestones
• Procurement plan for materials
• Anticipated project growth
• Stakeholder identification
• Communication of project expectations
• Risk assessment and contingency plan
• Commitment from Project Managers to achieve proposal or AWA expectations
Contribute to process safety in design and risk management when developing proposals in accordance with Rybovich standards.
Participate in post project analysis to evaluate success of each project, sharing accountability for gross profit budgets and timely project delivery with the entire project team.
Create a competitive advantage for Rybovich through contribution of innovative solutions, maintaining a customer focus and awareness of best industry practices for marine/ship building technology.
Effectively communicate with stakeholders including shipyard team, vessel representatives, contract personnel and with Government and Classification Society representatives.
Work in a dynamic, problem-solving, and diverse cultural environment that changes rapidly.
Occasional travel to customer and project sites will be required, must be open to 10-20% travel at times.
What are the minimum requirements for this position?
• 3 – 5 years of experience within maritime environment , including vessel repair/construction
• Luxury yacht experience preferred
• Sound technical and operational knowledge of marine and large vessel engineering practices
• Must have good technical writing skills
• Must be able to board vessels and maneuver into confined quarters to inspect systems and project needs
• Intermediate software proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Strong English communication skills, verbally and in writing
• Tendency to display initiative and endurance in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Approaches challenges with optimism and finds solutions with a positive outlook
• Seeks to accommodate others and collaborates with team members to find solutions without stress and blame
• Bachelors degree, preferably as a qualified Marine Engineer or equivalent