|The Service Manager is the direct representative of the shipyard to the customer, managing the delivery of yacht repair and re-fit services involving multiple trade and technical areas.
Through detailed planning and direction the Service Manager oversees project completion and safety, while meeting agreed upon scheduling and budgetary parameters.
• Maintain customer relationships to gather project requirements, determine realistic project expectations, and communicate those expectations to team members and project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
• Direct and administer project schedules and budgets, including changes and additional work authorizations that are important to the customer’s expectation for quality, delivery, and cost
• Partner with Trade Managers to determine assignments of specific trade labor required, including assessment of sub-contractors, to meet customer expectations for project delivery
• Ensure safety of all team members assigned to each project
• Assess ambiguous situations and provide clarity to team and stakeholders as required
• Resolve outstanding invoice questions and assures timely collection
• Ensure timely procurement of materials, outside purchases and sub-contractors to meet project schedules.
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers, through effective relationships, trust and respect
• Seizes more opportunities than others with high energy for things he/she sees as challenging
• Separates and combines tasks into efficient work flow to get things done, while simplifying to get more out of fewer resources
• Displays endurance and capacity for a fast pace
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Ability to articulate project risks and issues to stakeholders
• Manages third party vendors/subcontractors
• Tendency to be outgoing, people-oriented and participate with others
• Uses available information to make decisions quickly
• Ensures project documents and invoices are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Proven ability to deliver projects on time and in scope
• Overtime, nights and weekend work may be required as customer service needs fluctuate
• Knowledge of trade applications and regulations with marine classification agencies (e.g. Lloyds, ABS, DnV, MCA)
• Intermediate or advanced skills in MS Office suite (excel, word)
• The ability maneuver in a variety of spaces on board vessels, and lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
• 1 - 5 years in project management of small, moderately complex projects
• Marine and shipyard experience, involving problem solving with client’s technical and structural challenges
• Technical engineering management experience with refits or new builds on luxury recreational vessels preferred
• High school or GED required
• Undergraduate degree preferred in Business or Engineering, with appropriate technical experience (qualifying experience if education is not at the undergraduate level)
• Project Management Methodologies Training or Certification preferred