|Position/Title: Business Development US Sales Representative
Reports to: Vice-President Business Development
Serves to develop and establish relationships with yacht owners, managers, captains, engineers and other influential parties involved in the assignment of yacht repair, maintenance and refit work in the US.
Works together during the proposal stage with technical experts and trade resources to ensure vessel requirements and realistic customer expectations are defined and can be delivered by Rybovich.
Communicates with customer in conjunction with project manager/director to ensure expectations are managed and met during execution of the service work. Assists project manager/director in sales process of additional work on project while at Rybovich’s service facility.
• Coordinate, develop, compile, and submit detailed information required to provide complete and comprehensive estimate of works involved with a yacht refit/repair project ranging in size from 40 feet to approx. 180 feet including all labor, material, and subcontractor costs.
• Establish relationships with yacht owners, captains and engineers, typically of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds, to understand their specific service needs and refit specifications.
• Travel regularly to vessel locations within the US and specifically on the East Coast of Florida, to perform onboard ship inspections to evaluate repair needs and refit specifications. Document as-built parameters and develop plan of action.
• Partner with Project Engineers and Trade Managers to provide technical knowledge and innovative, realistic solutions to deliver the product on time and on budget.
• Read, review and evaluate technical specifications, engineering drawings (blueprints) and conceptual plans.
• If needed, request, review and analyze Subcontractor and Vendor quotes to assure quoted price, scope and terms comply with schedule and specifications.
• Formulates outlines of itemized work descriptions, and assigns labor hours and material costs to each item.
• Identify and resolve ambiguities or inconsistencies in specifications or bid packages that could confuse customers or might not be in line with customers’ expectations
• After internal approval present final bid package to customer to obtain approval.
• Occasional evening and weekend work required as customer service needs fluctuate.
• Must be outgoing and assertive, and enjoy participating with others in social and business settings.
• Ability to communicate using advanced vocabulary in writing and verbally, with high profile clients, executive managers, experienced yacht captains and engineers.
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results, while focusing on several objectives simultaneously.
• Works independently with limited supervision, to make quick and wise decisions on behalf of customers.
• Can defuse high-tension situations, and negotiate win-win solutions comfortably.
• Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures and genders effectively.
• Possess technical knowledge of yacht operations and shipbuilding process and engage with technical leaders in the industry.
• Basic knowledge of trade applications and regulations with marine classification agencies (e.g. Lloyds, ABS, DnV, MCA)
• Basic knowledge of Flag state rules (IMO, MARPOL, SOLAS, LY3, etc).
• Specialized knowledge of repair/refit projects since the sequence of technical events per project is unique and not comparable to new build projects.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, and complex information without difficulty.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office software applications (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), as well as ability and willingness to learn the Rybovich in-house computer based proposal system
• At least five years of selling high value goods or services (of value $100k and up) and generating business preferably in yachting and/or maritime environment
• Marine and shipyard experience, involving complex problem solving with client’s technical and structural challenges, including vessels and marine systems
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Post Secondary education in Technical Science and/or Social Science preferred
The ability to maneuver in a variety of spaces, including small confined spaces on board vessels, and lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any